Thursday, August 2, 2007

Huckleberry Hound Here! Magilla Gorilla and Yogi Too!

Here are some Hanna Barbera golden book scans! I didn't put up every page- instead I will encourage you to goto ASIFA and check them out on the super-amazing/ fantastic/ state-of-the-art database!!! If you're in the LA area- go now! And give them your lunch money while you're at it.








I love this picture because it reminds me of a ton of drawings I drew as a kid. This is how I pictured every family- they would all be sitting in their own specific window, with super huge heads. I did this with animals too. Pet Motels, Pet Hotels, Pet Hostels etc. I like kid logic!
















Don't paintings of happy cartoon characters make you happy? I'm pretty happy right now!

The Comic Con post coming soon once I get all the pictures from Marlo!

18 comments:

Monica Grue said...

frick yeah first to comment! those are pretty pretty scans. love the colors. i want to be a kid again.

Lester Hunt said...

Comic Con -- Yes! I want to hear all about it!

Kali Fontecchio said...

Hold on to your sock garters!!!




I wish I had sock garters.

stefimon said...

They're so adorable it makes me wanna cry! Happy tears tho.

Katie said...

I have some, Kali! I'll let you borrow them. :)

Kali Fontecchio said...

"I have some, Kali! I'll let you borrow them. :)"

Yay!!!!!!!!

pumml said...

Thanks for posting these lovely scans. That Mel Crawford... fantastic.

Joe Henderson said...

Damn these are great!!!

I also wish I had sock garters, but besides being awesome what is there actual purpose???

Kali Fontecchio said...

"...besides being awesome what is there actual purpose???"

TO HOLD UP YOUR SOCKS OF COURSE! Sock garters, or glue works.

Marc Deckter said...

Thanks for posting these, Kali! I love that image of Huck sitting on his doorstep, perplexed.

Okapi Figment William said...

These are amazingly super!

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Nice stuff! I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't seen it!

Nico said...

Sounds like Comic Con was awesome Kali! I hear you met two really phugly and awkward geeks there though. Hope it didn't emotionally scar you too badly!

wink
;)

Jorge Garrido said...

Great pics. Those Mel Crawford Magilla Gorilla pages are much better than the actualy TV show.

Or is it Al White?

cartoon lad said...

mmmmm gigantic Comic Con post.more free entertainment...

Parker said...

Kali, I am glad that you liked my drawing I did for you... I added your blog to my links list. Thanks for answer me.

Eric Mrock said...

It's so weird to come across this particular article, because my brother works in a thrift store and brought home that book last week. Its missing a few pages, but whats there is still great artwork! Ever since he got that thrift store job i;ve had him lookin' for Golden Books, and i'm amounting quite a few HB ones. (i'm a huge Hanna Barberra fan, even though my clients don't appreciate it) I'm looking forward to the comicon post.

Bruce said...

Hello Kali. On my blog, I'm doing a three post on the history of Popeye. I was wondering if you could read my post, and tell me if I did my homework. BTW, what it like going to a comic book convention?