Thursday, January 22, 2009

Boys Are Boys And Monks Are Choice

Eddie!      Larry!    Roger!     Gary!     Dave!

I met a monk!!! Eddie, the bassist/singer of the Monks! Last Thursday night my friend, KXLU dj Sean took me to the Silent Movie Theatre to see a documentary about this notorious 60s American G.I. German band. To my surprise and delight, there was a social treat that neither my friend or I were informed of, a real live Monk!

It's not everyday you get to meet one of your musical heroes, I feel quite lucky. And he was so nice too!

In this performance on a German television show, Eddie is the one who sings first. Enjoy!

Here's my first post about them back during the summer: Shut Up, Don't Cry.

18 comments:

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M. R Darbyshire said...

Lots more interesting than Tony Shalhoub!

Congratulations!

Niki said...

I remember that old post!

Shawn said...

That's awesome!!!

Frank Macchia said...

oh man, thats pretty damn cool.

everytime i hear "I Hate You" i instantly think of The Big Lebowski.

Freckled Derelict said...

YES!!! You're so lucky!!!!
I love the drawing of them at the top, perfection!

Pedro Vargas said...

Ah, very cool music! And really awesome drawing of them! They look like a really cool band!

vinylsaurus said...

The Monks are awesome (and so is that drawing)! I'll definitely have to catch this movie.

Monica Grue said...

Dude love the illustration! How cool to have met him!

Sean Worsham said...

How do you get to meet these guys? You must go to lots of music venues. I tend to meet comedians more since I live near the Improv. Nonetheless you lucky! :D

Trevor Thompson said...

I met Chubby Checker when I was eight.

Big day.

- trevor.
















Hey, what's wrong with Tony Shalhoub?

Christine Gerardi said...

Thanks for the marker info!

Kali Fontecchio said...

"Hey, what's wrong with Tony Shalhoub?"

WHo?

"Thanks for the marker info!"

Sure, anytime!

M. R Darbyshire said...

"Hey, what's wrong with Tony Shalhoub?"

Meeting Monk is not as interesting as meeting one of THE Monks.


Nor the Benedictine Monks-- how often do people meet them? Not often.

Craig D said...

This is awfully close to being "rap music" don't you think? ;-)

Trevor Thompson said...

Oh, I get it now. Sorry, Mike. And yes, surely you're correct.

- trevor.

Jorge Garrido said...

I never heard of these guys before you posted about them, but they're great! Thanks, Kali!

That 60s girl at the end of the Monks video is so stylish and happy.

Kali Fontecchio said...

XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXO