Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Go Lucky


The drawing is boring, but the character it's based off is anything but. Happy Go Lucky came out a while ago, but I think it's still in some theaters out there. I just saw it recently at the Beverly Center, and it is defintely worth your while.

My pal Sean wanted me to see the film, not just because he thought it was entertaining, but the main character reminded him of someone...

I don't want to give out too many details, but it is generally about a happy school teacher. Sounds simple, don't it? Probably my pick for film of the year, if it were up to me, which it is not.

Watch out, she's pretty wacky!

Start the new year with a feel good film, unlike many of the films out recently, that are full of ugliness. Have some goddamn happy.


If you have already seen it(or have been easily swayed), write your opinion in the comments!

11 comments:

pop;yeah said...

i really wanted to see it but everyone i knew thought it looked boring. so fuck.

Kali Fontecchio said...

I assure you that it's not boring.

Nico said...

i wanna see it. take me!

Nathan said...

Yes! I thought of you while I was watching it. My film of the year, too.

EL Gato Negro said...

ummm i just stumbled on this and I love your toons makes me happy when i see them!!!!

kellie said...

Nnnng, the dance class where she keeps quiet and does some physical comedy was funny, but the rest... nope.

drew bogart said...

i think it's really funny you mentioned this movie, because i saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and sally hawkins' character totally reminded me of you (or, at least the writing and photos you've posted). eerily familiar, but in the best possible way.

and how about that driving instructor? he gave me the willies!

Niki said...

I like the way she dresses, I've always wanted to dress like that, but more 'skinny-tall-guy-ish'

Rick Roberts said...

Hey Kali, have you ever heard of a musician named Mary Hopkins ? I was listening to her most famous song "Those Were The Days My Friend" and I thought of you. If you haven't, give her song a listen and tell me what you think:

Mary Hopkins - Those Were The Days My Friend

Whit said...

That Brit singer's name was Mary Hopkin and Paul McCartney wrote her a song called "Goodbye" which was a mid level single hit around 1970. His demo of it survives as a bootleg. She was a blonde.

Trevor Thompson said...

I'm with ya Kali. Film of the year. Mos def, mos def.

- trevor.