Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Farewell To Wades


Seems like it was only yesterday when I first saw Wade in Studio Visits with R.T. Taylor. I thought to myself, "I will be friends with this man, he intrigues me." I forced my friendship upon him like a ton o' bricks; physically accosting him between classes, much to my own amusement. Wade soon readjusted himself in his new major Digital Media (having transfered from Illustration) and had new friends. My own selfish needs and wants were lost in the laughter of his new friends inside jokes about rigging and photoshop brushes.

The years passed, or rather months, but it felt longer, and we finally graduated. He was always such a shy fellow, I took advantage of his trusting nature and coaxed this country boy into living with myself and Nico in the big city. Oh the fun we've had! The tears flowed like a bloody nose in the Santa Ana winds. We all learned to love again, to love each other. A fleeting moment of happiness has now dispersed into cold darkness.

Wade is all grown up now, and I just have to let him go do his thang; rock out with his cock out; soar like an eagle; now the rain's a-fallin', hear the train's a-callin, "whooee"; once, twice, three times a lady, I mean a Wade.

Forgive the convoluted mess above, here's some goddamn doodles. *Sniff*

Below is my recreation of Peanuts if it starred Wade and myself. I've been reading a lot of the early comics, they sure are swell!










Wade drew me drawing him. *Sob*


Some John doodles:



A comic cover from John's blog. Blah.


Nico made a little something for Wade:

30 comments:

Nico said...

I can only hope you'll be as sad and willing to draw great goodbye caricatures of me when I leave for Texas.

--I mean, what? Huh? Nothing.... i said nothing.

Farewell friend Wade :(

David Gale said...

Uh, since this is the last episode with Wade, shouldn't we finally learn what was living in his nostril? I feel a little ripped off!

Niki said...

Good Grief! Haha! Lol! Rofl!

Wow, you guys must be having an awes-
*Whisper whisper* He what? *Whisper* Oh, uh- Hmmm, I figure you could call him....

Pat McMicheal said...

Sorry to hear your friend is leaving! Will we ever really know what was hiding in his nose?

Kali Fontecchio said...

The secret remains, because this is not the last of Wade. Just the last of real Wade.

smirkstudios said...

hahahaha What a beautiful video!

Reminds me of something I might do if I had a camera. Darn punctuation... I can never tell when I'm over-using the explanation point! <-- Like that... is that right?!

Ah, screw it. BRING THEM ON!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I figure you might understand)
(or at least have a funny reply)

wade minter said...

Wait, wha?? I'm moving to Texas?!

wade minter said...

I want compensation for the damages you've cause me and my face. Especially for those who live in my nose. I can't even google my own name without getting a hit from your stinkin blog. This is bullbunkie!

Actually I lie, your drawings made me realize how beautiful I am. I really wish I lived in a peanuts cartoon. Make more. and I love your blog

Anyway, I will miss you and Nico, for some time...then I'll forget you two entirely, but then I'll remember both you and Nico, We shall meet again.

wade minter said...

oh I forgot, nico should seriously shut up

Nico said...

wade, fuck you.

wade minter said...

wha, fuck me?! no fuck you my friend!

Kali Fontecchio said...

I'm shocked.

Shawn said...

I met Wade once. At the Wade/Nico/Kali abode.

He's a swell guy.

Kali Fontecchio said...

I swear, Nico only invites his friends when I'm not around. I bet Wade and Nico had parties toowithout me, you jerks.

Nico said...

i think you're confused wade, it is you who needs to be doing the going and fucking himself, not me. just thought i'd correct ya there, space ace.

and kali, we've had TONS of parties that you don't know about. so why don't you just go fly a kite!

THIS IS WHAT MY LIFE IS LIKE

Pat McMicheal said...

Hey Kali, I think I've discovered what is living in Wade's nose...
CLICK

Kali Fontecchio said...

Hhahaha Nico's long lost twin pygmy brother!

Trevor Thompson said...

You guys are silly. And so is Wade for choosing Texas over Kali.

Sorry, misspell. I meant Cali.

- trevor.

Jorge Garrido said...

"You guys are silly. And so is Wade for choosing Texas over Kali.

Sorry, misspell. I meant Cali."

Oohhh, a college boy, eh?

Whit said...

Wow. That audio edit bridging the first and final verse of "Rainbow Connection" plays like Jim Henson suddenly realizes he'll be dead in eleven years, three weeks and one night. I presume it was unintended.

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Haw! A nice tribute, and a good film by Nico!

Collin Shepherd said...

Beautiful work! I love what you do with the heads. Can I ask what kind of marker/brush you use for them?

Kali Fontecchio said...

Hi thanks!

I use a Japanese calligraphy brush pen. I get them in Little Tokyo, not sure white official name is, haha. That probably didn't help at all.

Monica Grue said...

Waaade come back!
Kali, you should re-post the Khalili video, in honor of Wade.
Nice sketches of course ^^

Collin Shepherd said...

Ha, itsallgood. Ill just stick with what I have for now. The lines just look so nice and clean. I especially love your sketchbook. I wish I could buy it but I'm broke and may have to start selling my body pretty soon to pay the bills.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Selling any extra organs goes for big bucks, haw haw haw!

Thomas Yamaoka said...

These drawings are awesome of course! Don't fret Kali, this isn't good bye, only see you laters to Wade.

Vincent Waller said...

Well I hope he finds happiness out in that wide and varied country of Texas.
Is he going for employment? Or is it to be close to that most recent ex-President that pretends to be a Texan?

Farewell Wade.We hardly knew ye.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Hi Vincent :)

Wade went back for family reasons- he's that sort of sweet southern kind of guy.

Whitney Pollett said...

He'll be back in May crazy head!! Let's sneak into his suitcase and live in his nose while he's not looking.