Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Taxi Of The Valley


Here's a picture I did for Ben! It's of his character Taxicab, my very own Maude, and it only seemed fitting to have Andy Warhol oversee the convergence. It's also in marker which I haven't used as much lately. Marker fumes await me!

The above girls, Garfunkel and Oates are these silly singers who play guitars and ukuleles. They have very nice voices and great contrasting heads.

An overstimulated Nico makes a brush pen appearance!

This is a mask that was made for Jason Ander's Fulle Circle Magazine! This is actually what gave me the idea to do my Mark mask. I love Painter.

Above is a drawing from my former co-worker pal Bob McKnight! He's all sorts of talented!

Here's our combination drawing/show pitch.

As Johnny Winter once said, "Hey! Hey! Hey!"

18 comments:

Amanda H. said...

Nice Andy Warhol. It looks just like him.

Trevor Thompson said...

One of us! One of us! One of us!

M. R Darbyshire said...

Every picture in this post is my favorite in this post! WUNDERFULL

I bought! ^-^

Benjamin Anders said...

Oh man! I love the Taxi, Maude, Warhol drawing! :D Such a wicked surprise. Are you selling the original or prints of it?

Wicked drawings, as usual! The Garfunkle and Oates drawing is super cute too!

Niki said...

Nico's gonna start eating people! Put him in a cage before h-!

Jenny Lerew said...

Bob McKnight! What a drawer! I luuuurve him so!
& nice pinhead!
-Oh & your friend Mark M. I hear is busy helping my friend Nelson do a book on his years with Warhol in the Factory days(btw Andy was also in a 10 minute sequence in Telephone Book that the producer cut out and is now long lost except for stills. Yeowch.).

Jorge Garrido said...

Cool! Is Maude wearing blue jeans now?

I just noticed it, but Maude has sort of Bugs Bunny teeth! It's cute!

Tara Billinger said...

Wow! I love that Ben gift! Taxicab looks so cute in your style. I had a feeling it was her when I saw the thumbnail on my dashboard. Do more marker work, girlie! At first I thought it was digitally colored. Its just that good. C:

Ben is going to LOVE this!

Kali Fontecchio said...

"Are you selling the original or prints of it?"

BEN! It's a gift for you silly!!! Prints might be cool though...

Jenny: Tell me about this Nelson- I want to know more!

"Is Maude wearing blue jeans now?"

Sorry Jorge, sometimes I think black gets rid of a lot of detail, so I used a lighter color that was available to me.

Thanks Tara! I will more marker stuff! My markers were sad and lonely, haha.

Jorge Garrido said...

Keep in mind, Kali, I'm colour blind.

nktoons said...

Beautiful drawings.....love the one of Nico.

Benjamin Anders said...

Ohhh! Well, I didn't want to assume anything... ^_^

Thanks again!

Nico said...

Whoa!! Awesome gift for Ben! That Taxi Cab is adorable

Also great drawing of Kate and Riki, looks just like them! I stood in a line with Kate at LAX a couple months ago, it was life-changing

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Nice stuff! Your art has a happy, good-times feel!

Thomas Yamaoka said...

Marker Queen!!!

Toncho said...

You just Rock Kali... I hate/love you hahaha.

RooniMan said...

That Nico drawing scares me.

damon said...

cool stuff