Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's Better Than Bad, It's Good

Log, that is, but this one is just a slice. I thought it would be neat to paint on a log, and you know what....it was all sorts of fun! I had a hootenanny (by myself). Very soft to the touch. The cel paint I used dried instantly with every brush stroke, so it was a race to the finish!


***MOOD LIGHTING***

I'm definitely going to do some further explorations of log. Painting is so fun, I need to do it more often. A good motivation is that my cel paints are starting to harden (nooooo)!

Here's a misfit drawing that I'm thinking of disowning.

Hey! I'm selling my white PS2 on eBay! If one of you guys who knows me bids on it and wins I'll throw in some art with it! It has mics that come with the console, and it's white. Very sterile and clean looking. A worthwhile console if you don't already have one!
Click here to goto eBay and buy this puppy. By puppy I mean PS2.

13 comments:

Tara Billinger said...

Whoa, logs! You painted on a log!? Where can you get spare logs, anyway? (By the sheet) Aha, i love this kali! Its so neat to get to see ya work with different medias! Its just as awesome as any of your digi/marker stuff. I hope it finds a nice home.

RooniMan said...

Log and the PS2. Two things that got together so well.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Thanks Tara!

I was actually walkin' around Michael's when I spotted the wood section. I didn't you could buy sheets of log. o it was accidental, then on a whim I decidded to buy it and paint on it. I'm totally going to go back for more. :p

Rooniman: Perch the ps2 next to the log!

fruittwist000 said...

Awesome. I bought it :) I got the Rodeo Ruth in the mail the other day and was gonna get it framed tomorrow. Better to put that money towards this beautiful log. The ruth image is awesome though, will definately get framed in the future.

Kali Fontecchio said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!! :D :D :D

To save money on frames, I sometimes check out Goodwills and places like that, they sell really nice frames sometimes for only a buck or so! It's hit or miss though.

The wood is ready to be hung!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Allyn said...

that log is so cool! makes a great natural border to a superb painting!

Jack G. said...

The log painting would look great on a childs bedroom wall.

Kali Fontecchio said...

I'm going to do some more :D :D :D

Aida SofĂ­a Barba Flores said...

I like your art!!! =) nice style!!

Kali Fontecchio said...

Thanks!

benj said...

BEST idea EVER!!!
And AWESOME paintings!
(this one & George)

fruittwist000 said...

My Log arrived today. I love it. And the thank you sketch has 'Can You Take It?' written on it. I gotta assume that's a DEVO reference. A hardcore DEVO reference:)

Kali Fontecchio said...

Yay!

It's a double reference of Devo and Popeye!