Monday, January 31, 2011

McBusters Finale

The awesome Myke Chilian created this must see trilogy called McBusters for Channel 101. The finale is epic, and I must share it with you guys! He asked me to contribute, so I did! I also invited pals Nico Colaleo, and Bryan Newton to join in on the action. Eric Bauza has been doing voices since the first episode!



There is an awesome recreation of the ABC Saturday morning "after these messages" and then a commercial break during the cartoon. Upon return I created this title card in my style per request of Myke.


My caricature of the original Ghostbusters cast.

I drew a few of scenes throughout the short, and here is one where there is a sequence of 3D backgrounds by Andrew DeLange.

Below was combo effort, drawn by Myke digitally, and then printed out so I could color it with markers.

Myke's crew caricatured in the film- you might reconize a couple!


Also check out this post about the Q Pop opening in Little Tokyo by my friend Chubby Bunny!

8 comments:

Nico said...

This was so much fun! The final episode is so amazing, this whole show is amazing. Glad to have been able to help on it!

4 QWAZY!

Steven M. said...

Great film. Fantastic job to all of you.

Max Ward said...

the video won't load damnit! but i looked at the q pop stuff. very cool. good job!

Kali Fontecchio said...

Try going to YouTube Max

Roberto Severino said...

That was just plain badass. I couldn't have done it any better myself. If something like this was on TV regularly, I'd be one of the happiest guys in the world. Great job, Kali and everyone else who worked on this brilliant short.

Rex said...

I love that "now back to..." title card! Awesome work, Kali! I wish the McBusters was an actual cartoon series.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Thanks guys!

Ya the whole series is awesome- it should totally be on tv!

MrGoodson2 said...

Cartoons should rot your mind just a little bit. That's what makes em good.
Like cheeze needs mold.