Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Looney Larry Sanders Show

Here's a piece I can show you- I have so many more and projects I'm working on- but they're not for your eyes to see! I'm sorry! Y_Y

Also going through a MAJOR Doctor Who obsession, and Jack Cusumano who is also a Who fan, I couldn't resist drawing him for his birthday!


I watched this whole show from the 90s a few months ago, and it's amazing, especially Artie played by Rip Torn. He's the one on the right, the whole show is about assholes, with the exception of Artie who is not an asshole. So good, check it out!

Here are some board revisions I did in '09 for The Looney Tunes Show. I didn't save much for some reason- but here are some (it's so hard to look at old stuff!) At that point I still felt comfortable with pencil compared to the cintiq, so that's why they're all on post-its, haha. In retrospect, that was awful for my wrist, drawing so tiny. The board artists on these are Bob McKnight, Ryan Green, and Jim Smith...I think I'm missing one but I can't remember... enjoy:






16 comments:

Benjamin said...

These are great! Really love that birthday gift for Jack.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Thanks Ben!!!

Salomon Fenix said...

Kali you like the new show of Looney tunes?????????

Kali Fontecchio said...

I haven't watched it!

Nicolas Martinez said...

Your Daffy Duck drawings are awesome!

Kali Fontecchio said...

Thanks! :D

Kyle said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize you worked on the show at one point. Casa de Calma (the ep these boards are from) happens to be the best episode aired so far. It hasn't been the same since the retooling. They need to get laugh factory (and you) back on the show. The difference is night and day.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Not sure when this aired- but this was originally episode 1 I believe. Worked on this one the most. There were some short bits cut out from it- like a small segment with Porky. I definitely need to check it out, that's for sure!

I learned tons from everyone around me, Ken Boyer, Bryan Newton, Bob McKnight, Matt Danner etc......

Sandra Rivas said...

The drawings for the Looney Tunes show are great! I'll have to watch that episode now!

Salomon Fenix said...

I heard that the episode casa de calma was write for Doug Langdale.

Thomas Yamaoka said...

I love seeing the post-it draw overs in production art. I dunno why. Awesome as usual Kali =)

Trevor Thompson said...

Did anyone get mad at you for making Daffy look Clampetty? They kept most of your Bugs drawings.

Jim said this was the only ep he worked on and by the look of it, most of his drawings weren't used.

Kali Fontecchio said...

I still haven't watched the episode so I don't even know haha.

Trevor Thompson said...

It's a good 'n. Probably the best of the run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH1WzKfe8tE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Whitney Pollett said...

These are SO funny!!! LOVE!

mod alert said...

Wow! I think you should done this before few months!! i really like the way you expressed! :)
christmas travel